Well we are paying for all the frozen precipitation we have had over the last two weeks. Its time for all the twenty-some inches of snow to melt. In other words the water that fell from the sky over the past two weeks is about to finally hit the ground.....all at the same time. Ive been trying to get all the water away from the fab shop. This morning we had quite the ice skating rink.
This is all ice before daylight.....It got up 62 today.
The first thing I did was put on my rubber boots.
They brought me a mud pump at about 10 o'clock when all this started melting. So I pumped several thousand gallons today.
Also our bus driver who is also a welder has decided to go back to Beaumont. So guess who got volunteered to do it.....so after some additional paperwork with the refinery ....I can now actually drive in the refinery in my vehicle so that I can get the bus and bring it to the gate to bring everybody in......I'm thinking they are going to get someone else to do it here in a few days when another guy can find his driver's license.....He mistakenly left them at home in Texas. He is a forklift operator so he's already familiar with driving around in the refinery....it is quite a maze....
At present I'm fighting the flu or something so my voice is about gone and I am very tired......I'm still over the fab shop and they brought in another fitter to help me get it all done since now I have 3 welders in the shop instead of the 2 I had before....I also have a couple of guys that are just "helpers" to grind stuff and bring me fittings and things out of storage..........and all I wanted to do was come out here and help a fitter.
No comments:
Post a Comment