Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Workin in a Winter WonderLand

Well the 76 degree weather on Sunday was nice but short-lived. On Monday morning when I went to work it was 34 degrees. We were told when we left monday evening that we would not work Tuesday and possibly Wednesday....so we'll see about that.....it looks like Thursday may be out too due to the fact that its supposed to be below zero without the windchll.
         As Im sitting here typing ..they are saying they have had a roof collapse at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino.....waiting on an update.....also are getting 50 to 60 miles and hour....as the snow decreases the wind is supposed to increase.....took a few videos with the iphone. Will post them...
While waiting on this video to upload. I Look out and see its snowing horizontal again so apparently it isnt over yet. They are trying to plow the roads but it just drifts back in.......I'll get some pics maybe later if I go out riding in Ketih's snowplow truck.....that should be interesting....This MAY start melting Saturday...we'll see.

Well the sun finally came out and I went out and took this video....record breaking snowfall.


and James was wanting to see the road so here it is.
Went out today and worked on the plow. It wouldn't raise up for him. I found out it had a little filter screen inside that was stopped up. Once I cleaned that out it went back to working fine...It only pumps to lift the plow....it just releases pressure and falls when you lower it. Had to change the position of the light shining on the water softener outside to thaw part of it out this morning. The tracks you see in the video are from Keith's 4wd backhoe. It is a nice one with a  nice heated cab. It is down at Napa store now where he left it  after cleaning their lot while I fixed his plow for him. He had some work I could have done with it today to make some money cleaning a truck parking area but I decided not to get on a piece of equipment I was not familiar with on someone elses property not knowing where the ditches or curbs were.
Keith and Jane are still gone in the truck now at 6pm they are way behind on their plowing....phone wont quit ringing. I talked to her and they were going thru tulsa on expressway....one lane with snow on each side higher than the plow. They have people wanting to plow their lots but they have lots of abandoned cars sitting in the streets and lots just locked up and walked away from. Hard to get around them to plow.
Jane talked to our boss at work and it may be next monday before we can go back to work. Any way heres a short video of the driveway and how the snow plow works...you can also move the switch left and right to angle the blade...i forgot to mention that in the video.
I will say this....I bought some expensive long underwear at BassPro this week and today I went out with nothing but my carhart overalls on over them and was just fine....so they work pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment